Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Evaluation

EVALUATION – anna turner

Evaluate your final product against your Design Specification.
Use the results of testing/view of your intended users to evaluate final product.
Suggests improvements to the product based on the results of testing.
Evaluate your performance at each stage of the design cycle.
Analyze social impact of the product.

According to my design plan my multimedia poem is excellent. It is less than two minutes, clocking in at one minute and a few seconds. It is also approved by Mrs. V, it has some meaning to it, and it is more than 4 lines. However my first poem that I wanted to use, although approved by Mrs. V, was very lengthy and would have been extremely difficult to use as a poem for making multimedia poetry.
There are only images to be less confusing. I did not use video, just like I planned. I listed the URLs of the pictures in the credits, and I used pictures with reasonably high resolution. I also used solid colors (just black) as backgrounds on some slides. I did not self-create images or music due to time constraints, but I was satisfied with the images and music I had chosen.
My text was simple and the colors were easy to read. Each slide had from 1 to 4 lines just like planned. My text fonts were mostly the same. I used simple classical music and included credits, and my colors were mostly grayscale in terms of text.

Improvments: I should have made it longer, because it was only a minute and a few seconds. I also mistakenly said ‘groves’ instead of ‘droves’. The music also should have been louder, and maybe slower. The pictures were perfect; there were no problems with them. A couple slides were too fast so I should have slowed them down.

Evaluate performance:
- Design Specification: my design specification performance was good. I had all the specifications and limitations that I needed. I put down specifications for music, pictures, transitions, and timing.
- My plan was good but didn’t have any alternative plans if something got in the way of my original plan. I did not exactly schedule it per class and that might have had an effect on my progress.
- My design (storyboards) were also good, if not a bit simple. I drew two storyboards and chose one of them to use as a basis for my poem. I chose the second one, which is divided into several slides.
Overall, I did an excellent job with my multimedia poetry and am very satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment